Seadamp PLUS international
Project Financed into the Tuscany POR FESR 2014-2020
The Regional Operating Program is one of the most important regional programs through which Tuscany and Europe, through co-financing, support companies investment projects such as the Seadamp PLUS International.
The goal of the program is to promote qualified development, within an eco-sustainable framework, through the enhancement of the companies’ competitiveness and the whole “Tuscan System”, consequently growing the economy and job opportunities.
The Market Readiness of the Seadamp Plus
Seares srl was established in July 2018 and developed the Seadamp Plus, the concept represented in an international patent concerning an energy recovery mooring system, part of the wave energy generation category. Seares also holds the intellectual property of a more conventional hydraulic damper, the Seadamp, available in various sizes for boats and ships with displacement from 12 to 55 tons.
The Seadamp Plus is a mechatronic device that resolves two problems:
- the safety and stability of the mooring and anchoring of floating bodies;
- the small energy needs of a floating body (generating enough energy to keep the engine and service batteries charged, or to supply data collection systems, with distributed intelligence, or IoT communication).
Moreover, it is a mechatronic product, prepared for adaptive functionality. Both products have been developed with standard versions that are mainly aimed at recreational boating; however, tailor-made projects are also planned. The industrial plan initially envisages small-scale production, followed by mass production from mid-2020. Although this has outlined the gradual structural growth of the company, to date the company team appears to have challenges to guarantee adequate support for the necessary international projection of the company.
It was therefore decided to undertake a process of internationalization, identifying three priority lines of action:
- the structuring of an international marketing plan, which involves the implementation of a CRM software and the execution of feasibility studies to assess whether or not the presence on the various markets, and if so the most appropriate form to be conferred to this presence (service C.5)
- communication and web marketing actions, to support the growth of the brand (C.3 Service)
- commercial and technological scouting of the Chinese market (C.4 Service)
- further participation in international fairs (Service C.1)